Saturday, February 12, 2005

Unexpected Gifts...the best kind!

Natalie, Becca and I went to see my mom today. It was her 54th birthday today...but I'm sure she wouldn't want me telling anyone. We had a lovely time and were heading back when my phone rang. To my surprise it was my friend Steve inviting me to join him and others for the UCLA-Arizona basketball game at Pauley Pavillion in Westwood. I had just enough time to get the kids to Mimi and head for the game.

The first half was exciting as each team shot 50% from the field. UCLA had a halftime lead due the fact that it hit 8 3 pointers! We had a great time even though UCLA fell apart in the second half. The game was basically over with 7 or 8 minutes left...although they did make a furious run at it when Arizona put their bench in:)

Anyway, the point of all of this is to enjoy the unexpected gifts that come your way. God gave me a special gift today and for that I am truly grateful. A night at a basketball game with some of my favorite people. It doesn't get much better than this!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home