Monday, October 31, 2005

Costume Party @ the Schoelens'

Blue (from Blue's Clues), Tigger, a Cowgirl and I (Bono) all donned our appropriate attire and attended the Schoelen's annual Halloween Party. This was only the second time since Mimi and I have been married that we have dressed for Halloween. We were scrambling last minute to find costumes for us (MImi and me) and to relocate the ones we had for the kids. My costume was pretty much just me in black with some blue shades that were reminiscent of Bono's. Fortunately a few people were able to figure out who I was supposed to be. Others probably just thought I forgot to dress for the party. I had similar success dressing in the same clothes at Starbucks today.

The party afforded the opportunity to connect and reconnect with several people on our support team and some we'd like to add potentially. It also gave us a chance to talk to more of Mark and Danielle's neighbors. We have now had three occassions I think over the past 10 months or so. We are simply trying to be faithful and walk through the doors that God opens for us.

Among my favorite costumes of the night: Mark and Danielle as Pirates from Pirates of the Caribbean, John, Holly, and kids as the Incredibles family, and Joey and Tracey as Napolean Dynamite & his girlfriend.

The highlight of the night for me was the final 7:03 of the UCLA-Stanford game which saw the Bruins come back from a 21 point deficit to tie the game 24-24. And then to win it with a touchdown in overtime. The Bruins are making a name for themselves as the Cardiac Kids...and it fits. 8-0 with three to go. They are now ranked 5th in the BCS with a showdown waiting in the wings with #1 ranked USC.

One funny sidenote: Mimi left her purse in Danielle's closet....not the funny part yet. So last night she called and Mark agreed to bring it by Starbucks after his Bootcamp this morning. So here comes Mark walking into Starbucks with a bright pink purse with an "M" emblazed on the side. It was quite funny. He pulled it off beautifully. I asked him if the "M" was for Mark or for Mimi? He just laughed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home