Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Jane

Jane is an aspiring actress from New York who moved to L.A. to make it on TV and in film. She is Jewish by culture but told me Monday that she doesn't believe in God. Jane and I have spoken many times over the last several months. Her story is unfolding every time I talk to her. It was early on I discovered that she was in the process of divorce with the father of her daughter Lila, who happens to be an Arab Muslim.

Jane, being Jewish and from New York, can be quite abrupt (no offense Brian). She has been known to get into shouting matches with her ex-husband on her cell phone in the middle of a rush at Starbucks. Drama and Jane seem to go together quite nicely.

Monday was the first time Jane asked me about my faith. It was on my 10, so I didn't have much time, but I was able to share my confidence in Jesus. Jane is intrigued how I can be a pastor, father and husband, Starbucks barista and live in this community. The finances and the pictures in her head don't add up. I think she is also intrigued that I am a guy who isn't after anything with her. It seems from our conversations that Jane has had her share of heartaches. In the few months that I have known her she has had her heart broken by two different men and that doesn't include the one she is divorcing.

Pray for Jane. She is searching for God, though I'm not sure she knows it yet. In her mind it is still about finding the right guy who will be good to her and her daughter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home