Saturday, February 19, 2005

Pursuing the Wild Goose

The ancient Celtic Christians referred to the Holy Spirit as the Wild Goose, due to the uncertain nature of his leading. Whereever he leads, is a Wild Goose chase...off for adventures far and near, full of danger, mystery, and meaning. Often times I want to participate in such an adventure...to leave my world behind for one of real importance. You know like the ones in the tales of old? But for the most part my Wild Goose chase involves being faithful in the everyday callings of my life. But occassionally I have something to write home about... today was such a day!

First of all, Mimi and I had yet another wedding to do. This one was especially magical and wonderful. Matt and Akiko met while Matt was teaching in Japan. They fell in love and today they sealed their vows...in English and in Japanese. The colors, the majesty, the simplicity of the occassion was truly a beauty to behold. Perched up high in my sound booth I was taken in by the simple love and faith of this couple and the journey they were starting together.

While we were cleaning up, Richie walked in. I've known Richie for a couple of years, but only as acquaintances. We share a love for baseball and Richie was recently signed to a minor league contract by the Dodgers. So we started talking and I found out the Richie got married a week ago. He was looking for some counsel and help in getting his marriage off to good start. We talked briefly and I gave him the name of a couple of books to help. Then we agreed to get together and start working on the particulars of their situation and look for some ground work to lay for their marriage. The beautiful thing is that Richie, guided by the Wild Goose, sought me out. He went looking & following...and of all places God led him to meet me, while we had just experienced a beautiful wedding.

God is good! Get carried away in your own Wild Goose Chase!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home