Monday, May 23, 2005

Beach Days

I'm back in the heat again. It is in the nineties today here in Southern California. Our family was able to beat the heat this weekend by camping at the beach. We had a fantastic time...except for projectile mac and cheese, when I was holding my daughter. This led to a nearly sleepless night where we were up almost every hour dealing with one or both of our kids and their illness.

This was actually the only spot on an otherwise perfect weekend. The weather was beautiful. The waves were majestic. And the food was delicious....except for the mac and cheese:)

I spoke briefly to a lady from Holland. She told me how wonderful it was to live in a beach community with this type of perfection. Her family back home were still experiencing bitter cold conditions. We talked about Holland and the places I've been in her country. We love going there on an almost annual basis. But of course we are there during their two summer weeks, as the Dutch have told me:)

Good news the kids have recovered. Hopefully no one else will get sick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home