Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Adoption Party


14 months ago tomorrow I received a call from my friend Roger, telling me he wasn't going to be able to make our gathering. Why? He had just gotten off the phone with a social worker who was calling to see if he and Cynthia were interested in adopting a baby girl who was now 2 days old and needed to be picked up from the hospital by 5:00 pm in Glendale. This began a long and arduous journey that landed by Marissa in their home. A little more than one year later and Marissa is officially a Newton. What a precious little gift to Roger and Cynthia and to all of us.

Last night we joined the Newtons and many of their friends in a wonderful celebration of Marissa's adoption and homecoming. There was joy, laughter and tons of photos. Like a bonehead, I didn't bring my camera, so here's a picture from Marissa's birthday party two months ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home