Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Better at the Bar

Because I am new to the Starbucks world...at least as a worker, they like to keep me busy on the register. They probably think that is the place I can do the least amount of damage. This morning we were getting killed. Torrey and I handled 41 customers in one half hour alone. That's insane. But that was with her on bar and me taking orders.

When things slowed down around 10 a.m., Katie introduced me to the bar. I had an earlier orientation, but really didn't learn very much. Today was different. I was doing it on my own. Katie gave me instructions when necessary, but I did all the work and even got to where I knew the right steps to take. In an hour on bar (not during the rush) I only had to redo two drinks. Not too bad for a rookie.

If you're in the neighborhood, stop by. I work at the Valencia/McBean Starbucks in the Kohls Shopping Center in Valencia. I open the next two mornings if you're an early riser:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home